Roof Repairs – Cape Town
There are several aspects that go into roof repairs in Cape Town. Before you take on a D.I.Y roof repair job, keep in mind that not every problem is as straightforward as it seems. What may seem like a simple job of replacing a few cracked roof tiles could be just patching and covering up a more invasive issue that requires expert help. If you are not sure that what you are dealing with is the full extent of the problem, ensure you call for a free expert inspection and quotation if you are attempting to start the DIY roof repair project yourself.
ROOF REPAIR HOURS
Scope of Work performed in Cape Town:
- Fitted Nu-Tec barge boards instead of PVC.
- Exposed all the concealed gutters by removing existing fascia boards and guttering.
- Cut back all the roof beams to the correct lengths.
- Re-Use existing Nu-Tec fascia boards.
- All boards were affixed with copper screws and not nails to avoid rusting.
- Fitted new PVC gutters and downpipes.
- Replaced 30 asbestos slate roof tiles.
- Repaired roof area where the roof and fascia boards were pulling away slightly.
- Repair roof beam to ensure roof structure is the correct height in the corner.
- Secured all loose roof beams where required.
- Applied 4mm Heat fused torch on around chimney and where House roof and IBR Roof meet.
- Sealed all Torch On Membrane laps and seams utilsing liquid plastic.
- Coated all Torch On Membrane areas with silver bituminous paint for UV protection.
Roof Painting after Roof Repairs:
We could not perform high pressure cleaning due to water restrictions,
- Chemically clean roof and manually brushing by hand as tiles where too brital.
- Applied 1 Coat of Duram Roofcote roof paint (Grey).
- Applied 1 Coat of Plascon Nu Roof Cool roof paint (Grey)
(15 Year Guarantee on product)